A list of the Benefits of Micro-Managing your staff! Before listing all the benefits of being a micro-manager, I will itemize a few characteristics of this management style. If these traits sound a little like your management style, probably your team has labeled you a “micro-manager!”
- Micromanagers regularly ask employees to keep him informed of everything, every detail.
- A micromanager digs into the minor points and details of his employees’ work.
- Micromanagers often ask where is everyone on his team and what are they doing.
- A micromanager regularly feels frustrated because he knows that he could have done the job much better!
- Micromanagers review all his employees’ work before distributing the information outside of the department.
- A micromanager frequently lets his staff know that he is not pleased with their work product or production.
Consequently, if this sounds like your management style, there are two possible problems. Either you have hired weak employees, or you are a terrible manager or both!
All the Benefits of Micro-Managing Staff.
If I need to micro-manage a manager to get a job done, I have the wrong employee. If there is a manager who is micro-managing, usually there are two problems, the manager and the employee.
No employee enjoys being micro-managed. Good employees do not want to feel controlled by everything they do. It is provoking, disturbing and discouraging. Above all, micro-managing is a significant cause of employee turnover.
Finally, regarding the list of benefits of Micro-Managing your staff as stated in the title of this article, there are none!
My name is Robert Curry, and I am an Author, CEO Coach, Keynote Speaker, and Turnaround Specialist. Over the past 20 years, I have worked with more than 70 companies taking their businesses from Loses to Profits.
Please click on the links below to read my other articles like “A list of the Benefits of Micro-Managing your staff!”
Recently, I have published two books about turnarounds: “From Red to Black – A Business Turnaround” and “The Turnaround.” Both books are true stories about turnarounds of real companies that I have turned around during my career. In both books, I have shared all my Profit Improvement Recommendations (“PIR’s”). PIR’s helped to grow sales, reduce expenses, improve cash flow, and most importantly, strengthen the management teams.
If this article “A list of the Benefits of Micro-Managing your staff!” helps you, family member, or business associate, please share your story with me at email@example.com.
If you would like to purchase either or both books autographed by the author, please click on the following link: Redtoblackbooks.com.